In an effort to be a little healthier this year, I decided to experiment more with foods and test out a new recipe. So here is my spicy chicken tomato onion and garlic curry sauce.
I wasn’t into the whole new year resolution thing at the start of the year, just because I know I’m rubbish at keeping a goal or resolutions. Let just say, I like to beat to the sound of my own drum and not worry about the rhythm of the band.
But I did promise myself I will be a little healthier this year. Just for the sake of my mum who read here, I am healthier already, but you know – just that little extra mile. By this, I do more strength training (which is killing me right now, does it get easier?) at the gym, and learn how to cook a new recipe.
I do cook, obviously. But there is a time when I’m just that little bit lazy and tend to get a ready-made sauce and put that over my pasta or meal. Quick and easy. I don’t like microwave ‘ready meal’, I’m lazy – but I’m not that lazy that I get myself a ready meal. But I tend to prefer to putting 2 or three ingredients together and have a quick meal.
Anyway, I decided to learn how to cook something new. Like I said at the beginning, I’m testing and learning a new recipe.
Which bring me to my spicy tomato onion and garlic curry sauce. Something I have to admit, I made this up and I’m not sure on what else to call it.
It was originally supposed to Tomato Mascarpone Pasta Sauce, but when I got to the supermarket to buy mascarpone cheese they didn’t have any. I saw on someone Instagram the idea of using soft cheese in a sauce, so I ended up doing that. I also made this up as I went along, I had a rough idea but didn’t really have too much of a plan.
I can tell you, this was delicious and it was perfect – if a little too much on the spicy side. But that was my own doing, I tend to add a lot of spices to my food.
If you are looking for a new recipe to try out and love your sauce on the spicy side. Then I think you will be pleasantly surprised at my spicy chicken tomato onion and garlic curry sauce.
Here how to make my spicy chicken tomato onion and garlic curry sauce.
Photos Steps by Steps:
- 1 diced chicken breast chunks
- Diced onions (as many as you like)
- Onion & garlic Passata
- Half a tablespoon of paprika
- Half a tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- Half a tablespoon of fajita power (optional)
- Reduced soft cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Chick stock
For this recipe, it cooked in one pan, so all you will need is a frying pan and stirring spoon.
- Put the chicken in a pan and heat up, wait till it turns white and very little pink.
- In a bowl put in your spices, the paprika, cumin, curry powder and fajita powder. Stir them together.
- Now put them in with the chicken and mix it all together. The chicken should still be cooking in the pan.
- Once the spices have nicely blended into the chicken, now add the chopped onion and give the ingredients a good stir. Also, add a garlic clove.
- Add the onion and garlic passata and give everything another good stir.
- Add the chick stock. Give everything a good stir.
- Now add the dash of water, making sure it covers over everything.
- Let it bubble away for 10 minutes. Once the water has steamed away and there only a little bit left.
- Then add the soft cheese and give it a good stir through.
- Let the sauce thicken up, feel free to add more soft cheese or any extra ingredients.
- Once the sauce looks like it has thickened up and doesn’t look so runny. Then it time to dish up.
- Add to a plate and complete the meal with rice or a filling of your choice. (we used rice and naan bread).
Make sure you use the chick stock a stock pot, not the powder cube kind.
To make it spicier add chilli powder.
To make it less spicy, then just don’t add the spices.
That is how to make my spicy chicken tomato onion and garlic curry sauce. A simple meal that will tingle your taste bud. I’m hoping this will be the first of many new recipes I try out over the year, of course, I will be sharing it will you all.
Let me know if you will be making my spicy chicken tomato onion and garlic curry sauce.