It that time again, where I do my annually traditional end of the year quiz. So buckle up kids and get ready for the ride. Are you ready for my end of the year 2018 quiz?
Here’s are links to previous years.
- What did you do in 2018 that you’d never done before?
Took a long train journey to Cornwall for the first time ever on my own. Sound silly, but I never took a 6-7 hours’ train journey before on my own. So it was up to me to make all the connections, making sure I had the right ticket. But I got on ok.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
Kind off, I did lose half a stone and almost drop a dress size. Then toward the end of the summer I ended up looking like I swallowed a house. So my new year’s resolutions for 2019, It will be pretty much the same for this year, try to drop a stone in weight and drop a dress size.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, I can’t think of anyone.
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank god!
- What countries did you visit?
Europe: Brussel, Amsterdam, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, and Norway.
- What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
More money and more spa breaks!
- What dates from 2018 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Doing the interrail across Europe was pretty amazing. I want to do it again.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
This is going to sound really sad, but I cannot think of one thing. Nope nothing.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not paying off my credit card, I’ve been pretty crap at that this year – oops.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
A chest infection a few months ago. But nothing major.
- What was the best thing you bought?
An electric fan heater so I keep myself warm while in my office. Also my tarot cards.
- Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, clothes, foods, bills and general life stuff.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The new Within Temptation songs/album.
- What song will always remind you of 2017?
Sharon Den Adel (singer of Within Temptation) solo album, My indigo. Also Allie X album Collxition II (though technically it came out last year, I only heard it this year.)
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder?
- b) Thinner or fatter?
- c) richer or poorer?
Poorer, I don’t even want to look at my bank statement at the moment.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Had more little mini breaks and done things more adventurous.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Made my money disappear. And worried less.
- Did you fall in love in 2017?
Yes, Richard Nuttall
- What was your favourite TV program?
The chilling adventures of Sabina, Suits, Outlander and A series of unfortunate events.
- What was the best book you read?
I left a lot of book un-finished. A lot of book I’ve chosen this year, just wasn’t that interesting to read or was no very well written.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I enjoyed Passengers. Can’t think of any other.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my birthday we didn’t do a whole lot. I think we just stayed at home and had a home cooked meal.
- What kept you sane?
My husband, my phone and Spotify.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I know you are going to tease me for this – but Jason Momoa. Yum! Lol He need to lose his terrible beard.
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
Various people from offline that is not part of my online life.