There was a hashtag viral thing going on last week where you would talk about yourself when you were 20. So, this got me thinking, let talk about me in my 20s.
I decided to expend from not only talking about when I was 20 but also talk about the decade that follows it.
So, me in my 20s, god it feels so long ago now. Well, it was a long time ago, and I would kill to go back to my 20s. I have so many thoughts and opinions about my 20s that if I could go back for just a moment, that would be amazing.
I suppose I should start at the very beginning:
- My parents were driving me crazy when I was 20, so I moved out and got a flat with my boyfriend (who now is my husband). The flat was in a semi-retirement estate where we were the youngest one living there. I’m not kidding. It was quiet, and I would get woken up by a rooster every morning.
- When I was 20, I started what became a decade of a dead-end job working in retail and hated every moment of it.
- Also, when I was 20, I said goodbye to Buster, a dog I had throughout my teen years.
Moving on from my 20 as I cannot remember much else:
- When I was 21, my parents treated us to New York, which was amazing – I love NYC.
- We went to Menorca where we took photos of stone and gravels. I kid you not! It was for Richard photography master.
- We also got stuck on a train for 8 hours+ while going to Alton Towers one summer.
- I did a ghost hunt tour of the actual old Alton Towers mansion which was amazing.
- Here’s a biggie; I went uni in my mid-20s. To cut a long story short, after leaving school, which was a terrible experience, I went onto a 6th form college only for them to mess me about, and I ended up dropping out. Fast forward a few years and I kind of thought, if I don’t do it now then I never will – so I decided to go to uni and study fashion journalism.
- I did an internship at The Daily Mail and helped on a fashion shoot.
- I got to meet Matthew Williamson at The Vogue Festival.
- I was invited to lots of fashion shows during London Fashion Week was amazing!.
- I got pregnant only to then have a miscarriage three time.
- In my late 20s, I got married to Richard.
- Went on our honeymoon to Disney World Florida.
- Was a bridesmaid to a friend.
- I was having terrible skin problem. I spilt some garden chemical stuff and it causes a lot of skin issue. Extreme dry skin on my hands and arms where it would be sore, Red sore on my face from awful break-out. I had to go see a dermatologist and get some injection to help my skin.
Gosh! Looking at this list of me in my 20s makes me realize I did a lot of fun cool stuff. Hmm, maybe I might do this again in 10 years and recount my time in my 30s.
Here’s a few photos of me in my 20s. To see more photos head over to my Instagram.