I think us girls can only dream of walking down a red carpet in a designer gowns. As much as I love nosing about Net-a-Porter and gawping at The Duchess Of Cambridge new outfit,realistically it’s not going to happen any time soon. I’m more than happy with Asos and Oasis. Especially I have now given my a self-imposed ‘credit card’ ban.
However said all that, I came across an intriguing website, Girl Meets Dress. The idea of this you hire a designer dress, wear it somewhere fabulous and then pop it back in the post. Hey presto!
What you do is:
- Find the dress of your dream
- Once you found the dress, you need to place the order.
- Your dress will arrive between 9-5pm on your allocated date, they will even send you a text to tell you your delivery is on it way.
- Wear the dress and be fabulous for the night.
- Simple return the dress with a pre-paid label through the post and that it.
If you loved that after doing it once, why don’t you sign up to the monthly membership. You pay £39 a month by Direct Debit and then every month you can choose a new dress to wear. Don’t want one this month? Pick two the next month. Your first month is completely free.
Of course there’s a little small print hidden away. You do still have to pay £9.95 for delivery (though you can ask for more than one dress to try on), and don’t even think about hiring the dress without the £7 insurance that goes with it – accident do happen. So girl, if you want a little designer fashion in your life, even if just for the weekend, the Girl Meets Dress monthly membership is a pretty good deal.