Done this now for 5 years straight. You could call it my end of the year blog tradition. Basically, it’s a quiz and discusses how the last 12 months have gone. So buckle up kids and get ready for the ride. Are you ready for my end of the year 2017 quiz?
It that time of the year again. An annual tradition where I do my end of the year quiz. Are you ready for it?
Here’s are links to previous years.
- What did you do in 2017 that you’d never done before?
Become fully my own boss, no longer working for other people. Fully took up full-time blogging.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next this year?
Kind off, I did lose half a stone and almost drop a dress size. So that’s a result. It will be the same again, lose another half a stone and get down to my desire dress size, I want to fit into my clothes again.
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, I can’t think of anyone.
- Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank god!
- What countries did you visit?
Nowhere, just had loads of little mini breaks in the UK.
- What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2018?
More money and more travel. And also to be more superficial – more spa break.
- What dates from 2017 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
Umm I suppose going to Oxford for the first time was pretty cool, also that was also the first time I went anywhere on my own.
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally, being my own boss and realizing the dream of blogging full-time.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not paying off my credit card, I’ve been pretty crap at that this year – oops.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
A minor kidney infection, but none really.
- What was the best thing you bought?
Mode control for PlayStation 4 VR, new lenses for my camera and some gorgeous Lindy Bop dresses.
- Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, clothes, foods, bills and general life stuff.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nothing really, umm that’s pretty sad now I think about it.
- What song will always remind you of 2017?
Only one song has stuck out to me. As it has been pretty much a crap year for music, don’t you think so? I don’t know, I’m racking my brain and I can only think of this song:
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- a) happier or sadder?
A lot happier.
- b) Thinner or fatter?
- c) richer or poorer?
Poorer, I don’t even want to look at my bank statement at the moment.
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
More photography and a little more oversea mini trips.
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
Shopped less, I spent waaay to much this year on clothes.
- Did you fall in love in 2017?
Yes, Richard Nuttall
- What was your favourite TV program?
Stranger Things, Black Mirror and Outlander.
- What was the best book you read?
I left a lot of book un-finished. A lot of book I’ve chosen this year, just wasn’t that interesting to read or was no very well written.
- What was your favorite film of this year?
I can’t think of a favorite film, but the most rubbish film of the year is Blade Runner 2049. I know I’m going to upset people, but my god that was a dull film. Visually stunning, but so boring.
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Don’t want to say, and I didn’t do very much at all, just went to my favorite restaurant (Chiquito Mexican Restaurant and Bar) and drank cocktail with my hubby. The sort of thing I tend to do every year.
- What kept you sane?
My husband and my phone.
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Sam Heughan who plays Jamie in Outlander. Hubba Hubba. Richard tease me whenever I watch Outlander as he knows I’m only watching it for the topless chest shot.
- Who did you miss?
- Who was the best new person you met?
Lauretta from Home & Horizon. For starter she has been very patience with me when I bombard her with questions on travel blogging. And I always enjoy out little twitter chat and how we don’t actually tweet anything – we just use gifs with each other. Love it.
HAPPY NEW YEAR – BRING ON 2018 XXX