How to Cook a Chicken Fajita Casserole
What do you get when you mixed a Mexican meal favorite with another family favorite? You will get a chicken fajita casserole, off course. Here is how to cook a chicken fajita casserole.
Over the weekend I was bored and hungry. And I was in the mood to cook a dish that I hasn’t had for a long time. It was one of those moments where you are looking around the kitchen and think to yourself what could I cook here that will feed my hunger!
God there nothing worst when you are hungry and you don’t know what to eat! Those fortunately this time I did knew what I wanted to eat. My favorite meal/dish in the entire world – Chicken Fajita!
Who here doesn’t love this firm Mexican favorite meal? If you say you don’t, you will be on my bad list and I will scorn you forever. Oh I’m only kidding. I won’t hold it against you.
But for me, I am addicted to chicken fajita. I could eat it for the rest of my life if I could. It my favorite meal in the entire world. One of the reason why I love this meal so much that it so easy to make. As it a fun dish where you can choose your favorite filling and personalize your chicken fajita wrap however you want. For me it plenty of refried beans with a big dollop of salsa – yum!
However, this time I wanted to take it one step further. I cook fajita so often that I could do it in my sleep. I just felt I need to do something different.
That was how I came up this dish – Chicken Fajita casserole. I hasn’t done this for a while so I kind of thought it was about time. I came up with this idea one day when I was experimenting, so I already knew I was onto a winner here.
So folks, if you love chicken fajita and want to take it one step further – then please read on as I will explain to you on how to make this. Here how to cook a chicken fajita casserole.
What you need:
- Corn Tortilla
- Chicken breast chunks
- (optional) Beans
- (optional) Chili sauce
- (optional) Sour Cream
How to make it:
- Start to put the chicken breast chunks in the pan to heat up and to start cooking.
- While the chicken is in the pan, laid the base layer with the corn tortilla in the cooking/casserole pot. Feel free to sprinkle some cheese here.
- Once you are satisfied that the chicken breast chunks are cooked, transfer it to the cooking pot and spread it so it fills all available space.
- Now add the sauce, I chose chili sauce but you can use whatever you want.
- Give the sauce and chicken a stir, making sure the sauce covers all chicken chunks.
- Feel free to add any extra ingredients and personalize it to how you want.
- Once you are happy and got it just right, it time to close it by putting on the top layer.
- You do this by adding another layer of corn tortilla delicately on top of the main area (where the ingredients are).
- Feel free to sprinkle more cheese or salsa on top of the top corn tortilla.
- Pop it in the oven for 25 minutes with the cooking pot lid on.
- Keep checking to avoid burning and too see the corn tortilla crisping up.
- Once you are happy, take it out and let it cool down.
- Cut a slice or take a serving spoon and dish on a plate.
- Serve with sour cream or extra salsa.
- Bon appetite.
There you have, how to cook a chicken fajita casserole. Let me know if you will be making this. A really simple meal when you are bored and hungry.