While I always try and put a positive spin on beauty beauty products that I often feature on here, there a few I will run into that I just didn’t like. What I mean by that is often I will try out a beauty product and it doesn’t exactly gel with me or would give me the desire effect, it could be the smell that would put me off it or it could be too greasy for my liking or does nothing and was a waste of money. Here are a few recent selections off beauty products that was big no no for me.
1. Max Factor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion Foundation: This one is only a big no no from me as the colour (a natural 70) doesn’t go with my face complexion, it make me look a very burnt tan colour when I applied this on as it doesn’t go with the rest of my pale skin. It also not the easiest to apply either – the sponge that comes with it was a small thing and you often have to blend it with your fingers or with a spare sponge.
2. Lush Skin Drink Facial Moisturiser: A period late last year my skin on my face went really dry – I mean cracking up dry, I have red eczema on the side of my face; It wasn’t a good look. Me being a natural lushies and loving all things Lush I thought I would turn to them. The positive side that it did get rid off my eczema but left my face feeling really greasy. It even said on the bottle ‘without feeling greasy’ then what did I do wrong? I applied this once before work and I ended up getting a tissue and removing it as it didn’t really sink in to my skin but just left my face feeling greasy. Now this could only be me that had this problem but I wasn’t impressed, Lush how could you let me down!
3. Ulittle Beauty Natural Self-Tan: I have already reviewed this before on here but just to remind myself why this is included, the smell and the uneven tan effect that will make you look like a zebra. I don’t think I will ever use this again.
4. Simple Perfecting BB Beauty Balm: As I was saying earlier about having bad eczema and dry skin before christmas this was another product I thought I would try as I love the Simple range loads! Ok the fault of this balm could have been me as I might have read the package wrong but when squeeze out you get a brownie/orangie gel liquid, when applied on skin you get an almost covers like a foundation – huh this isn’t what I wanted! I will say the positive is that it does smell nice and can make your skin sparkle (yes really). However I brought this for my dry skin – not to add some foundation layer on my face.
5.Topshop Nails Art Pen: These are nothing but a waste of money, they have never worked or done anything for my nails, I also heard these dried up pretty quickly. I was disappointed with these as I wanted to do polka dots on my nails.
6. The No Name Spot Cover-up: This doesn’t have a name as I have lost the original packaging a long time ago but the idea off this is to help you cover your spots or blemish you want to hide. This doesn’t really cut it for me as it doesn’t cover the spot – if anything they make it more obvious! Hmm another product that I will be throwing in the bin.
So there you have it folks, have you tried any of these products? Give your comments/feedback in the box below.